Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my Blog which has been long in the contemplating despite heaps of encouragement from my sewing friends, in particular Barb & Noleen. Thanks girls for your persistence!
I am currently on holidays with my family in Merimbula on the Sapphire Coast of New South Wales. The view from the house is spectacular as can be seen from the photo below. This is what I have to contend with when I glance up from my sewing. Actually there is more glancing at the view than sewing most of the time.

My youngest daughter, Kirstie, who is 12, has been asking if she can make a Louisa quilt for some time now. Last week we visited Mandeni Needlecraft, just out of Merimbula to buy supplies for the quilt and I emailed the pattern to the local print shop for printing. Armed with the fabric, embroidery thread for the red work, a hoop and needles we headed home to start her quilt. Kirstie then decided to read Harry Potter again and she is now up to the forth book. Needless to say the Louisa supplies are still in the bag.
Mandeni is a beautiful shop with a section for patchwork but the main part of the shop consists of Needlecrafts in every option available. There is cross stitch, tapestries, crewel, wool embroidery, silk ribbon embroidery, stump work..... The lovely thing is that all around the shop are finished projects to inspire and coerce. I was very good on my visit this time. Last time I was there I was pregnant with Kirstie and half the shop went home with me. For the moment I’m over wool embroidered baby blankets with sculptured velour teddies! If you’re ever in the area, Mandeni is well worth a visit, just be careful of the kangaroos hopping across the road on the way in and out!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see your first blog entry. The photos are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogland! Look forward to seeing many of your quilts in the future. I have long admired your work.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete